We are often asked which services and companies we personally use and/or recommend and have compiled a list to make that easier to see.
- GoDaddy – Affordable domain registration. (However, we do not recommend GoDaddy’s web hosting services.)
- Moniker – Affordable domain registration.
- HostGator – Shared web hosting.
- Solar VPS – Virtual Private Server (VPS) web hosting.
- ServerBeach – Dedicated web hosting provider. Excellent prices and service for when you need your own server. Reference our customer referral code – DNE9RFRKRS – when you order online, and we’ll both get $100 credit on our servers once you’ve been signed up for 90 days! [High level hosting. Server knowledge is required.]
Website Advertising / Blog Monetization
- OIOpublisher – OIOpublisher is an advanced ad management solution that lets you take control of your ad space. OIOpublisher is PHP based and includes a WordPress plugin for easy integration with your WordPress powered site.
- ShareASale.com – Affiliate marketing network which allows you to sign up for merchant affiliate programs that pay out on a per sale, per lead and/or per hit commission depending upon the merchant. Decent revenue potential as long as you chose programs relevant to your audience. (See blog post.)
- Text Link Ads – Great for simple advertising/sponsorship on blogs and it pays consistently and decently.
WordPress Premium Themes
WordPress Premium Plugins
- 31 Days To Build A Better Blog – 31 Days to Build a Better Blog is a downloadable e-book designed to help you revitalize your blog by giving you 31 tasks that will all help to turn it into the page view powerhouse you’ve always dreamed of.
- SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring – Receive email and SMS alerts anytime your web site goes down.
- Tweet Later – Speed up and automate Twitter activities for one or multiple accounts.
(Note that some of these are affiliate links. Rest assured that is not why they are listed. These are companies and services that we peronally use or have used ourselves or on behalf of Watershed Studio clients. In other words, these are companies that we’ve had a good experience with to date.)